Protecting a consumer’s privacy is at the core of every decision we make and every product and service we offer. Our products are built on the uncompromising principle of knowing only what’s necessary to enhance and improve the experience of watching television.
We don’t rely on you providing us with your name; phone number; home, email or work address to make TV better for you. The partnerships we forge allow us to provide products and services in a way that safeguards your privacy, and keeps your TV preferences anonymous.
Our privacy principles constitute who we are and will not change:
1. Samba TV’s relationship with the consumer always starts with providing a choice to use our services (or not), and offering an equally unencumbered choice to change this at any time.
2. We are boldly transparent about what we strive to do for consumers, and how, as a result, we both benefit.
3. Once a consumer has entrusted their data with us, we protect it, and provide the consumer continuing privacy controls to tailor what they choose to share, and the types of content they want to receive.
4. We at Samba TV always follow the Golden Rule: we handle the consumer’s data with the same care we would want our own data handled.
Our prioritization of consumer privacy includes:
2. Limit ad tracking / targeting – Users have the ability to choose to limit ad tracking, which will allow them to continue using Samba, but not have their viewership data used for ad targeting.
3. Reset advertising ID – Similar to the iPhone IDFA, we maintain a Samba Advertising ID. Users can reset this ID to clear their viewing history used for advertising.
4. Clear opt-in language – We updated the text of our opt-in prompt to be more transparent and consumer-friendly.
Samba TV Opt-in Screens