Vice President of Client Partnerships, Data
POSTED: May 2, 2020
Location: San Francisco, New York, Chicago
The candidate will have a broad network, mature sales acumen and experience in hiring and developing world-class SaaS/DaaS sales teams as a result of a high performing career in quota carrying roles.
The VP Sales will be responsible for driving large, complex transactions, while ensuring consistent and predictable growth and success. The ideal candidate will have experience in TV and Digital Advertising planning, analytics, attribution or related advertising technologies, be a thought-leader for innovation and disruptive technologies, have a “customer-first” mentality and represent Samba TV within the ecosystem of employees, customers, partners and other stakeholders.
Responsibilities: a.k.a. What you will do, day in and day out.
- Lead a distributed team of directors covering Commercial and Enterprise accounts
- Focus the team to acquire new logos and then expand across divisions/functions
- Accurately forecast sales cycles
- Interact with marketing, SDRs, SEs, sales ops, pro services, and customer success teams to align go-to market message and execution
- Work closely with our product team to help influence & shape product/offering direction
- Hire & on-board new Account Executive’s to continue expanding the team
- Help the CMO office measure and optimize advertising spend in today’s Omni-channel marketing ecosystem i.e., consumer data, predictive analytics and media intelligence that enables marketers to drive traffic, convert online and offline transactions, build loyalty, and measure effectiveness
- Positioning and maintaining Samba TV as a thought leader in the TV data analytics category – recognized and sought after by large enterprise consumer facing businesses
- Manage and educate your team to sell into multiple levels of an organization to close long term seven-figure deals.
- Develop effective sales strategies and deliver compelling product demonstrations and sales pitches.
- Cultivate and grow relationships with industry leaders that will lead to sales opportunities and new business
- Apply a thorough understanding of the marketplace, industry trends and products to all management activities and strategic sales decisions
- Collaborate with internal teams, working together to keep projects on track and resolving issues as they arise, connecting the dots between products and partners
- Meet quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Provide ongoing internal reporting and analysis for accurate revenue forecasting
- Suggest product and sales process improvements that will increase sales performance metrics (we want you to have a stake in growing the business)
- Generate new product ideas and bring actionable client feedback back to product management.
- 12+ years experience with 7 of those years managing national SaaS/DaaS sales teams.
- History of managing teams selling to mid and large sized accounts & closing $250K-$1M+ sized agreements
- Pedigree of working deals across different buyers, org divisions, and seniority levels
- Prior ownership of acquiring new logos as well as expanding existing accounts
- Experience working collaboratively with Professional Services/3rd party implementation partners
- Demonstrated skill in teaching mentoring AE’s and managers to achieve quota
- Gravitas — personal presence and ability to own the room with prospects/customers
- Excellent customer facing skills & ability to roll sleeves up to help win
- Solid skill set in navigating legal, privacy, security and procurement organizations
- Consistency — need to show stability in roles/companies and steady earnings
- Works well across internal teams
- A builder — the right candidate has started/built up teams through category creation
- Fast growth — ability to absorb and react quickly in a fast growth environment
- Talent magnet — demonstrated history of hiring top talent and working with them at successive companies
- Experience selling to leading agencies, brands, ad tech platforms and media companies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Digital/Media, Consulting, Analytics, Research, Marketing or related field. MBA preferred
- Operate comfortably in a team-sell format to C-level executives of large corporations (up to C Level i.e., SVPs, VPs, Director levels) across marketing, CRM, Analytics Teams and Media and Advertising
- Understand and communicate the “big picture” of advanced segmentation, scoring, analytics, attribution and data solutions
- Ability to champion new ideas, initiate change and drive innovation
- Intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, high energy, deliberate delivery, and focused on winning, client success, and high growth
- Demonstrated track record working across a complex client environment to sell multiple solutions to multiple buyers delivering multiple value propositions
- Hands-on experience developing and leading multi-level strategic customer relationships driven by successful delivery of high value solutions which have yielded tangible business results (increased revenue, new market penetration, & increased market share)
- Demonstrated track record of consistently surpassing quota, new business and overall revenue and/or profitability goals
- Fluent in negotiating detailed and complex multi-year contracts with Fortune 1000 and multi-billion $ companies
- Working and pragmatic knowledge of various syndicated data offerings; ability to translate data knowledge into tactical and strategic solution frameworks.
- Desire to work in a dynamic startup where your input is desired to help shape our offerings and how we interact with clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate complex issues in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience.
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time. Amount of travel will depend on the location of the candidate’s residence.