Regional Director, Client Partnerships
POSTED: March 1, 2020
Location: New York, NY
Samba TV is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced sales management professional for a Director, Client Partnerships to lead our Chicago sales team focused on managing and growing our portfolio of strategic accounts.
This team member will lead a team of individual contributors to develop long term, high value strategic partnerships with Fortune 1,000 brand advertisers and leading Advertising Agencies. They will utilize their exceptional leadership and coaching skills, deal structure and negotiation expertise, deep knowledge and domain expertise in both TV and Digital advertising to develop the right environment, processes and team that will deliver sustained revenue, market share and talent growth in the region. The successful candidate will possess a proven ability to plan, forecast and exceed revenue targets. They will constantly enhance the team’s capabilities and productivity through coaching, thought leadership, strategic planning, data driven performance optimization and collaboration with internal partners. The position will report to the VP, National US Sales.
- Manage and grow a high performing sales team: develop goals and strategic business plans, monitor performance, and provide strategic direction.
- Produce accurate revenue forecasts and consistently meet / exceed revenue goals.
- Present Samba TV’s solutions to key decision makers within agencies in order to increase the use of Samba TV products and services for both new and existing clients.
- Educate, guide and assist the team in executing through the sales process; prospect, needs analysis, sales solution development, negotiation and closing.
- Lead the development and implementation of client retention strategies.
- Partner with internal support teams to ensure expectations are clearly communicated and maximum levels of client-facing customer service are delivered.
- Represent Samba TV in the digital and TV advertising and analytics marketplace, be a highly visible brand advocate
- Must have a proven track record of meeting / exceeding revenue goals, client retention, and new business development success.
- Intellectually curious – Demonstrated ability to keep up with market trends and adapts approach to the environment
- Demonstrate high levels of self-awareness and empathy
- 3-5 years of experience leading and mentoring high performing sales teams.
- 10+ years of experience selling to ad agencies and brands, with a strong emphasis on programmatic digital and TV.
- In depth knowledge of the Ad-tech and Mar-tech ecosystem and how brands and agencies connect use the technology to achieve their goals.
- Executive presence – ability to communicate with excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Proven Ability to identify, attract, recruit and retain top talent.
- Motivational coach and trainer, with the ability to build positive and productive working relationships and foster creativity, innovation and integrity within a team
- Understanding of quota assignment and compensation policies.
- Proven ability to manage a pipeline and accurately forecast revenue.
- Ability to strategically manage complex situations and formulate executable solutions in short time frames.
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred.
- Fluency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint and CRM tools required.