Payroll and Benefits Lead
POSTED: October 14, 2020
Location: San Francisco, CA
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
As Payroll and Benefits Lead, you will be responsible for preparing the company’s US and International payrolls. This person needs to drive the payroll process by coordinating with our Payroll Providers and HR teams to ensure accurate and timely payments to employees. This role will work closely with the Controller and HR team to ensure compliance with payroll and labor regulations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage all payroll activities for US and international entities
- Accountable for payroll and benefits preparation/processing and related responsibilities such as tax reporting, benefits enrollment, and payroll systems maintenance
- Accountable for the accuracy of W-2’s and for timely annual distribution
- Accountable for all annual payroll audits including, Financial audit, Workers-Compensation and 401K
- Execute on corporate payroll strategy, planning, communications
- Process semi-monthly payroll
- Process weekly time and attendance information in a timely manner to meet the deadline for hourly-paid payroll
- Maintain payroll documentation such as standard operating procedures, payment support.
- Responds to federal, state, and/or city agencies requesting information relative to payroll and related concerns.
- Verifies and completes social security, credit, welfare garnishments and levy forms
- Prepares and reconciles payroll entries to be entered into the general ledger System
- Produces manual paychecks when needed
- Maintain the accuracy information in Bamboo and Payroll Trax
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 3 or more years of experience with payroll processing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Google Sheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Task based and deadline focused
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team in a high-volume/high-accuracy environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Enterprise accounting systems such as Sage Intacct, Oracle, Quickbooks a plus
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!