Lead Product Manager, Data Products
POSTED: May 6, 2020
Location: San Francisco, CA
Samba TV, recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fast-growing companies in the US and one of the “most interesting ad-tech upstarts of the year” by Business Insider, and expand internationally. We are uniquely positioned at the forefront of the TV revolution. The way people discover, watch, and engage with television has fundamentally changed, and we’re connecting the dots to help better understand audience trends and viewership habits for marketers.
Samba TV is the measurement platform for the next generation of TV. With a view into over 25 million TVs and global data, Samba TV has the largest, multi-publisher measurement available. Our customers use our continuous measurement ACR sensor and AI Platform to gain a real-time, unified view of their consumer viewing experience across all TVs and video applications.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Manager, reporting to the Vice President of Product, to drive Samba TV’s Data Products. You’ll generate and translate ideas into strategy and features and follow product development from start to finish. Your persuasiveness, deep technical savvy, inclusiveness, resilience, and passion enable you to swiftly to meet the needs of the thousands of internal and external customers depending on Samba TV’s tv viewership data to make content-related decisions.
- Establish and own the product roadmap.
- Develop and execute the product strategy, go-to-market plans, positioning, messaging, metrics, and all elements related to the business case
- Create preliminary requirements and design concepts, and work with engineering and design to implement and iterate.
- Collaborate with engineering and data science to deliver impactful results to support business growth
- Manage the entire product lifecycle, from conception to launch, including ideation, scope, specification, prioritization, design, implementation, quality assurance, launch, and iteration.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform and ensure the success of your product(s).
- Understand and analyze user needs.
- Integrate usability studies, A/B testing, usage data, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
- Grow product usage, retention, engagement, and revenue.
- BA/BS or MS in Computer Science, Math or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years Product management experience with a focus on technical data products, API development, and data feed management:
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing, and implementing API products, ideally for data firehouse or other reporting-centric technologies at scale
- Demonstrated technical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions with technical team members, to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs and to represent technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Data-driven mindset and track record of managing API KPI’s .
- Enjoyment of understanding complex logic and process of interconnected data flows throughout business work-stream
- Experience developing and testing new data products with Data Scientists
- Client-first approach of developing easy-to-use developer tools for customers to quickly adopt, validate, and integrate data products
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- You are a skilled communicator who can motivate, lead and champion a product without authority.
- Distinctive problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills with the ability to evolve product strategy and tactics based on research, data and industry trends; attention to details.
- Technical fluency that enables you to creatively explore possibilities and challenge constraints with engineering, with demonstrated ability to earn the respect of talented engineers
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
- Ability to drive teams to ship product features on aggressive timelines.
- Experience working with strategic partners and clients, ideally with international teams, to deliver products to market with high quality that scale quickly
- You code.
- Understanding of the TV, Media, Entertainment, & Advertising Spaces.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications.
- Experience with statistics.
- Experience working with Databricks notebooks, or other coding environments, for data validation/verification checks during product development (Python-experience preferred)