Director of Corporate Communications
POSTED: April 1, 2020
Location: San Francisco, CA
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. To help bring this mission to life we are seeking a dynamic communications leader to join our team and help to tell our story as one of the fastest growing television data and analytics companies in the world.
We are looking for an exceptional storyteller with a passion for disrupting the marketplace and driving high level strategic media relations. The right candidate will love digging deeply into nuanced technology stories to help guide the company’s overall public image. You will love television. The first question you will be asked at Samba is “what are you watching these days”. We are changing the way in which audiences are measured and how marketers drive their consumer campaigns across today’s fragmented media landscape. We are looking for a communications leader that can help establish strategic objectives, define measurable goals, identify both long term and short term media opportunities, guide product launches and support all other internal, sales and customer communications efforts as needed.
The ideal candidate will love working in a fast-paced “newsroom” environment helping to ensure external messaging aligns with corporate strategy and major marketing and sales initiatives. Our ideal candidate will have a strong background of reporter relations to call on as we help shape the overall media narrative for the future of television. The communications director must be an incredible writer, a quick thinker and have a passion for winning. B2B enterprise marketing, media, television, technology and advertising experience is helpful but not required for this position. Strong interpersonal and analytical skills, and a “get it done as one team” attitude is a must. This position works closely with the company’s executive team serving as the senior in-house communications leader.
- Help drive overall strategic market positioning for company
- Lead communications and oversee external PR agency support
- Work with top-tier and important business & trade media outlets to foster media relations leading to long term media coverage
- Develop and execute internal and external communications initiatives to achieve strategic messaging goals
- Support executive communications and thought leadership
- Create and manage process for a monthly Samba TV newsletter
- Oversee corporate social media strategy to build awareness of the company and its differentiated technology and engage customers and thought leaders on social platforms
- Drive content creation leveraging Samba’s data insights, such as creating/writing viewership analysis reports for TV tentpole events
- Assist with the planning and execution of corporate events, including title sponsor events such as New York Advertising Week and Cannes and support executive presence as tradeshows and industry conferences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Communications or any other field that has provided a strong analytical background and strategic mindset is key
- 7 -10 years of relevant work experience in a PR agency, as a journalist or in-house PR leader required
- Keen awareness of the media, television and digital advertising space with established and positive relationships with reporters and other key influencers
- Extensive experience pitching and securing media coverage
- Strong writing skills for creation of content (blogs, articles, white papers, etc)
- Understanding of strategy and tactics to help drive successful in-person and online events
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, including specific experience and expertise in the drafting of corporate press releases
- Highly organized with experience managing multiple projects on tight deadlines and with great attention to detail
- An awesome attitude that can move both quickly and thoughtfully