Director of Client Partnerships, Data
POSTED: March 1, 2020
Location: San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Atlanta
- The candidate will have a broad network, mature sales acumen and understands the planning, audience modeling, measurement and attribution needs of national brands, agencies and ad tech platforms to develop strong client relationships, be seen as an indispensable consultative thought leader, and meet and exceed revenue expectations. Each Director is responsible for the business management of their territory and will be expected to forge strong partnerships with their clients in order to generate sales.Responsibilities: a.k.a. What you will do, day in and day out.
- Help the CMO office measure and optimize advertising spend in today’s Omni-channel marketing ecosystem i.e., consumer data, predictive analytics and media intelligence that enables marketers to drive traffic, convert online and offline transactions, build loyalty, and measure effectiveness
- Working in conjunction with product, analytics and operations divisions to help identify, architect, negotiate, and close large-scale data and analytics solution agreements with large enterprise clients.
- Positioning and maintaining Samba TV as a thought leader in the TV data analytics category – recognized and sought after by large enterprise consumer facing businesses
- Sell into multiple levels of an organization to close long term seven-figure deals.
- Work deals through the Samba Enterprise Sales Process and document the details in our CRM
- Develop effective sales strategies and deliver compelling product demonstrations and sales pitches.
- Cultivate and grow relationships with industry leaders that will lead to sales opportunities and new business
- Apply a thorough understanding of the marketplace, industry trends and products to all management activities and strategic sales decisions
- Collaborate with internal teams, working together to keep projects on track and resolving issues as they arise, connecting the dots between products and partners
- Meet quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Listen to, identify, and understand prospects’ viewpoint and tailor communication to meet prospect needs and expectations
- Provide ongoing internal reporting and analysis for accurate revenue forecasting
- Suggest product and sales process improvements that will increase sales performance metrics (we want you to have a stake in growing the business)
- Generate new product ideas and bring actionable client feedback back to product management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Digital/Media, Consulting, Analytics, Research, Marketing or related field. MBA preferred.
- 12+ years’ experience in a revenue-focused Business Development or Sales role in advertising, data, measurement/analytics or AdTech/MarTech SaaS sales working with leading media companies, agencies, brands or platforms.
- Sell comfortably in a team-sell format to C-level executives of large corporations (up to C Level i.e., SVPs, VPs, Director levels across marketing, CRM, Analytics Teams, and Media and Advertising.
- Understand and communicate the “big picture” of advanced segmentation, scoring, analytics, attribution platform and data solutions.
- Ability to champion new ideas, initiate change and drive innovation
- Intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, high energy, deliberate delivery, and focused on winning, client success, and high growth
- Demonstrated track record working across a complex client environment to sell multiple solutions to multiple buyers delivering multiple value propositions
- Hands-on experience developing and leading multi-level strategic customer relationships driven by successful delivery of high value solutions which have yielded tangible business results (increased revenue, new market penetration, & increased market share)
- Able to operate comfortably across different client disciplines from Brand Management, Media, Research and Analytics, Data/Marketing Sciences, Product Management, Sales, Technology, Finance and Corporate Strategy.
- Proven ability to identify, open, navigate and close solution sales in excess of $1 million within key vertical markets
- Demonstrated track record of consistently surpassing quota, new business and overall revenue and/or profitability goals
- Fluent in negotiating detailed and complex multi-year contracts with Fortune 1000 and multi-billion $ companies
- Wired by default to be in front of customers positioning Samba TV solutions to create new business opportunity for clients as well as addressing strategic initiatives with client management teams
- Working and pragmatic knowledge of various syndicated data offerings; ability to translate data knowledge into tactical and strategic solution frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate complex issues in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time. Amount of travel will depend on the location of the candidate’s residence.