POSTED: September 28, 2020
Location: San Francisco, CA
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
Samba TV is the measurement platform for the next generation of TV. With a view into over 25 million TVs and global data, Samba TV has the largest, multi-publisher measurement available. Our customers use our continuous measurement automatic content recognition sensor and artificial intelligence platform to gain a real-time, unified view of their consumer viewing experience across all TVs and video applications.
We are looking for a multi-talented commercial counsel to own all things contracts, partnerships, and strategic agreements. You will be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide variety of agreements, including data and advertising deals and licenses with complicated revenue structures, DPAs, NDAs, OEM and partnership deals, LOIs and MOUs. You will make sure that all contracts are organized, filed, and tracked through our contract management system. This role is for the self-starters who can work with minimal supervision and are looking for the opportunity for growth and to take on significant responsibility.
- Owning all commercial agreements
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide range of agreements, including complex matters relating to procurement, sales, licensing, marketing, co-promotion, OEM, facilities, and operations agreements.
- Creating and maintaining contract templates.
- Administering our contract management system, which includes overseeing the inputting records, setting up notices, and managing the contract lifecycle
- JD from a top 15 US law school
- 2+ years experience as a practicing attorney
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to balance risk against business needs
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with leaders and co-workers at all levels
- Admitted to practice law in the United States and eligible to practice law in-house
- 5+ years experience as a practicing attorney
- Extensive experience negotiating with opposing counsel and working with internal stakeholders to close deals and further the company’s interests
- Some experience with litigation, data privacy, and intellectual property experience
- Technical knowledge of web and internet services, ideally internet advertising and data flows
- Understanding of the TV, Media, Entertainment, & Advertising Spaces.
- Coding experience
- Experience/capacity to oversee a contract management system (e.g., Agiloft)
- CIPP and GDPR certification
- Experience with software development agreements and data sharing, display and transfer, and global privacy regulations in a commercial agreement context is strongly preferred
- Admission to the California or NY bar
Help us transform the TV viewing experience for everyone!