Software Engineer, Backend
POSTED: January 10, 2021
At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
We recognize that the way people discover, watch, and engage with television has fundamentally changed. We connect the dots, providing a full picture of audience trends and viewership habits, and help marketers leverage this information to its full potential.
- Core functions will include designing and developing new features and capabilities, improving the resilience and throughput to ensure stable delivery of mission-critical reference data for our content-identification system.
- This includes both working on our real-time TV data delivery infrastructure as well as working on the tooling for helping other teams ingest static content
- The results of your work will help us gather data from sites all over the world and make sure it makes it over reliably (and within a very short timeframe) to where it can enable our fleet responsible for handling millions of devices to draw insights on the way people consume TV.
- It will directly impact the quality of all of Samba’s products, including research reports. These, in turn, give our customers the data they need to decide you’re not the target audience for that ad you’ve been forced to watch (as in, you’ll be on the front line of the war to make TV better!)
- Ability to write clean, maintainable code
- Solid command of version control systems (Git in particular)
- Ability to debug in production environment
- Innovative thinking, creative solutions to new issues
- Ability to think fast, move fast, and desire to learn
- Team player, but capable of independent work
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Willingness to share on-call rotation with team members
- BS+ or demonstrated field experience in computer science / engineering
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience working in Python
- Experience working with video – transport streams, video capture, video processing, transcoding, frame analysis, FFMPEG
- Experience building test suites
- Experience profiling applications
- Hands-on experience with Kafka / RabbitMQ and stream-processing technologies
- Experience with distributed data stores
- Experience with AWS / GCP / Azure